Las Vegas Bed Bug Control
At New Solutions Pest Control we take bed bug infestations very seriously. New Solutions Pest inspectors are certified in multi-stage insect detection, independently trained and re-certified every year to ensure accuracy.
- Eggs are pearly white and only 1mm long.
- First stage immature bugs are pale in color and somewhat translucent.
- Adults are roughly ¼" in length and reddish brown in color.
- Females can lay 3 - 7 eggs per day.
- Eggs hatch after 6 - 10 days.
- Bed bugs are mostly inactive between blood meals and can often be located in their hiding places.
- Bed bugs are very resilient and can survive up to a year without a blood meal.
Bed Bug Detection
Bed bugs prefer to hide close to where they feed, like beds, but have been documented to travel 100-150 feet to obtain a blood meal, so it is unlikely to diminish an infestation by leaving an area unoccupied.
Although they do not have nests, bed bugs gather in areas that can be marked by dark spotting and staining of dried excrement. Eggs, shells, brownish molted skins of nymphs and the bugs themselves will be present. If you suspect that you have bed bugs give us a call immediately, we will come and determine the best course of action.